PRWeek has selected MMC CEO Marina Maher to be inducted into the 2014 PRWeek Hall of Fame. Maher will be recognized at a dinner in New York City on December 8 along with fellow inductees Bill Nielsen, former corporate VP, Johnson & Johnson; and Margery Kraus, founder and CEO, APCO Worldwide. Post-humous awards will be given to Dan Edelman, founder, Daniel J. Edelman and Ofield Dukes, president, Ofield Dukes & Associates.
According to PRWeek, the honorees were chosen based on their achievements in making outstanding contribution to the development of the communications industry, significant impact on the PR field beyond their organization, recruiting and mentoring a generation of communications professionals, thought leadership that shaped the profession or redefined our field and leadership of the organizations that unify and drive our profession’s development.
MMC is delighted to announce that Andrea Fassacesia, MMC’s Senior Vice President, HWB Media Specialist, has been named to the PRWeek 40 Under 40. Andrea joins an elite group of dynamic individuals under the age of 40 who are leading the charge for the next generation of communicators. She will be honored at a PRWeek dinner on September 16th.
Andrea, who joined MMC last year as a vice president, was selected for her understanding of what it takes to craft a “must cover” healthcare story and deliver clients’ messaging in top-tier media. She credits her background in account management to helping her understand overall client business goals, placing them at higher priority than her relationships with top-tier media. “If I feel a story angle isn’t newsworthy,” she says, “I always find ways to re-shape it. Clients and the account team should never have to ask me how to reshape a story; I always want to have the answer before they ask.” Andrea has also been a key player on many MMC Health & Well-Being new business pitch teams, including two in the last week.
This is the second year in a row that an MMC staffer has been selected for this award. Last year, Samara Finn, SVP of social media strategy, was honored for her expertise in harnessing the power of online influencers for MMC clients.
Image Courtesy of Its.me.Bert Photography
MMC won a PRSA Silver Anvil Award for its work on the U by Kotex Generation Know program in the Consumer Marketing Products – Packaged Goods category. The Silver Anvil is the industry’s most distinguished honor recognizing the very best in PR.
U by Kotex, a feminine care product line dedicated to challenging accepted norms, created Generation Know – a new generation of young women armed with the facts about their bodies and comfortable with their periods and vaginal health. MMC and U by Kotex encouraged hundreds of thousands of women to get and share facts about vaginal health, learn from experts and participate in projects designed to create social change. In turn, women showed their support for U by Kotex where it really counts…at the cash register! Positive brand sentiment also rose 200% and there was a 186% increase in web traffic as a result of this integrated campaign.
For a full list of PRSA Silver Anvil winners, click here.
MMC and its integrated partner agencies for U by Kotex, Depend and Secret took home a Gold, Silver and two Bronze Effies at last night’s Effie awards.
- The U by Kotex “Generation Know” was awarded a Gold Effie in Youth Marketing and a Bronze in the Goodworks-Brands category
- Depend “Guard Your Manhood” campaign won a Bronze in the Personal Care category
- Secret Clinical Strength “Helping Women Combat Everyday Stress” won a Silver Effie in the Single Media Company Activation category
For a full list of Effie Winners and to see the list of partner agencies, click here.
Last night MMC won three awards at the annual SABRE Awards ceremony. Two Gold SABREs were on behalf of clients Kimberly-Clark for U by Kotex and Procter & Gamble for Head & Shoulders. The agency won a Silver SABRE for a cause related program the agency took on last year to celebrate its 30th anniversary. The award details are below.
- Silver SABRE for PR Agency Citizenship: MMC Mobilizes the Agency to Help She’s the First Change the World…One Girl at a Time is about MMC’s MMC4aCause program last year. The cause united MMC-ers into a community, and raised enough money to sponsor 43 educations for girls in Uganda. The initiatives provided real-life examples of agency culture to new hires and contestants learned important on-the-job skills. The program is being used in recruiting and has raised MMC’s profile.
- Gold SABRE in Marketing to Youth: U by Kotex and Generation Know: Creating a Movement of Young Women to Spread the Word About Vaginal Health is a program designed to end the cycle of misinformation about vaginal health by inspiring young women to join Generation Know – a new generation of young women armed with the facts about their bodies and comfortable with their periods and vaginal health. MMC and U by Kotex encouraged hundreds of thousands of women to get and share the facts, learn from experts and participate in projects designed to create social change. In turn, women showed their support for U by Kotex where it really counts…at the cash register!
- Gold SABRE in Fashion & Beauty: Head & Shoulders Season of the #Whiff: was created to launch Head & Shoulders’ new shampoo scented with Old Spice. Launched at the start of last year’s baseball season, where media predicted an MLB-wide season of strikeouts, the team seized a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to leverage “whiffs,” which means both scent and strikeouts, and developed the “Season of the #Whiff” word-of-mouth campaign that linked its new scent-based product with America’s favorite pastime. Season of the #Whiff” not only got the brand’s target to link their love of baseball to Head & Shoulders, but also produced unprecedented results, including record-breaking social engagement and sales above forecast for the Old Spice extension. All 30 MLB clubs participated in the campaign, and there were more than 2 billion Twitter impressions for the #whiff hashtag as well as over a billion media impressions.
Congratulations to all who made these programs a success!
This week a blog post from our very own Samara Finn was featured on the homepage of PR Week! In her post, Samara shared highlights from the recent Hispanicize Conference. You can check out the full post here at PR Week!