For the second year in a row, MMC has been named a “Top Place to Work in PR” by PR News.
In the award submission to PR News, MMC stressed its commitment to creating a culture that allows world class talent to excel and motivates MMC staff to approach every challenge with a “can do” spirit.
This award adds to the eight nominations MMC received last week from PR News for the Platinum Awards for client work, in many marketing, influencer and social media categories.
Image Courtesty of Boomerang LLC
The MMC COVERGIRL team with agency partners Boomerang, Grey, Starcom and United Entertainment Group was awarded a GOLD CLIO Sports Award for Best Integrated Campaign Category for its support of the NFL #FANICURE partnership. You can see submission and details here, which includes results of MMC’s social media support of the campaign.
CLIO Sports Awards, an extension of the CLIO Awards, honors breakthrough work in sports marketing and advertising globally.
Image courtesy of CLIO Sports Awards
MMC and Ketchum (MMK) were awarded a CLIO Sports Gold Award for the team’s work on Procter and Gamble’s sponsorship of the Winter Olympics. Clio Sports Awards, an extension of the Clio Awards, honors breakthrough work in sports marketing and advertising globally.
MMK, supporting P&G’s Proud Sponsor of Moms campaign, made the connection between P&G brands and athletes’ moms intuitive, making P&G’s role with athletes and moms an inescapable, universally accepted part of the global Olympic conversation and preparing audiences for the powerful message of the ad campaign. The MMK team generated 25 billion global impressions connecting moms to the P&G family of brands and delivering a huge return in purchase intent.
For a full list of CLIO Sports Award winners, click here.
Image Courtesy of Its.me.Bert Photography
MMC won a PRSA Silver Anvil Award for its work on the U by Kotex Generation Know program in the Consumer Marketing Products – Packaged Goods category. The Silver Anvil is the industry’s most distinguished honor recognizing the very best in PR.
U by Kotex, a feminine care product line dedicated to challenging accepted norms, created Generation Know – a new generation of young women armed with the facts about their bodies and comfortable with their periods and vaginal health. MMC and U by Kotex encouraged hundreds of thousands of women to get and share facts about vaginal health, learn from experts and participate in projects designed to create social change. In turn, women showed their support for U by Kotex where it really counts…at the cash register! Positive brand sentiment also rose 200% and there was a 186% increase in web traffic as a result of this integrated campaign.
For a full list of PRSA Silver Anvil winners, click here.
MMC and its integrated partner agencies for U by Kotex, Depend and Secret took home a Gold, Silver and two Bronze Effies at last night’s Effie awards.
- The U by Kotex “Generation Know” was awarded a Gold Effie in Youth Marketing and a Bronze in the Goodworks-Brands category
- Depend “Guard Your Manhood” campaign won a Bronze in the Personal Care category
- Secret Clinical Strength “Helping Women Combat Everyday Stress” won a Silver Effie in the Single Media Company Activation category
For a full list of Effie Winners and to see the list of partner agencies, click here.
MMC and Ketchum were awarded with a Bronze Anvil Award of Commendation for work supporting P&G’s sponsorship at the Winter Olympics: The award submission, How We Made P&G the Most Talked About Olympic Sponsor 101 Days Before the Athletes Arrived in Sochi, was for the pre-Olympics awareness building.
Bronze Anvils, which annually recognize and honor the very best public relations tactics executed each year. This year’s competition drew a total of 734 entries. Of those, only 90 organizations were selected by the Bronze Anvil Judges as Bronze Anvil Award of Commendation winners.
Last night MMC won three awards at the annual SABRE Awards ceremony. Two Gold SABREs were on behalf of clients Kimberly-Clark for U by Kotex and Procter & Gamble for Head & Shoulders. The agency won a Silver SABRE for a cause related program the agency took on last year to celebrate its 30th anniversary. The award details are below.
- Silver SABRE for PR Agency Citizenship: MMC Mobilizes the Agency to Help She’s the First Change the World…One Girl at a Time is about MMC’s MMC4aCause program last year. The cause united MMC-ers into a community, and raised enough money to sponsor 43 educations for girls in Uganda. The initiatives provided real-life examples of agency culture to new hires and contestants learned important on-the-job skills. The program is being used in recruiting and has raised MMC’s profile.
- Gold SABRE in Marketing to Youth: U by Kotex and Generation Know: Creating a Movement of Young Women to Spread the Word About Vaginal Health is a program designed to end the cycle of misinformation about vaginal health by inspiring young women to join Generation Know – a new generation of young women armed with the facts about their bodies and comfortable with their periods and vaginal health. MMC and U by Kotex encouraged hundreds of thousands of women to get and share the facts, learn from experts and participate in projects designed to create social change. In turn, women showed their support for U by Kotex where it really counts…at the cash register!
- Gold SABRE in Fashion & Beauty: Head & Shoulders Season of the #Whiff: was created to launch Head & Shoulders’ new shampoo scented with Old Spice. Launched at the start of last year’s baseball season, where media predicted an MLB-wide season of strikeouts, the team seized a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to leverage “whiffs,” which means both scent and strikeouts, and developed the “Season of the #Whiff” word-of-mouth campaign that linked its new scent-based product with America’s favorite pastime. Season of the #Whiff” not only got the brand’s target to link their love of baseball to Head & Shoulders, but also produced unprecedented results, including record-breaking social engagement and sales above forecast for the Old Spice extension. All 30 MLB clubs participated in the campaign, and there were more than 2 billion Twitter impressions for the #whiff hashtag as well as over a billion media impressions.
Congratulations to all who made these programs a success!