Patients and HCPs Use Social Media to Connect with Each Other
Patients are all over social media discussing topics such as their doctor, hospital and pharmacy. And healthcare providers are using it as a medium to offer free advice and expertise, and even direct patients to ERs and update them in a crisis situation such as the 2009 shooting rampage at Fort Hood.
Here’s what patients are talking about the most:
- Supporting/joining a health-related cause
- Commenting/posting about health experiences or updates
- Tracking and sharing health symptoms or behavior
- Posting reviews of medications, treatments, doctors or insurers
- Sharing health-related videos or images
Here’s who they trust the most to receive information from and to share information with:
- Patient advocacy organization
- Retail pharmacy
Of the more than 1,500 hospitals using social media, Facebook is the most popular (following closely by 4Square) mostly in New York, California and Texas.