Motherly MMC Advice
With Mother’s Day just around the corner, we asked MMCers to share the best advice they ever got from their moms. Below is just some of the smart, sweet and hilarious advice shared.
- If you cannot say anything nice, don’t say anything at all.
- Don’t let the sun set on your anger.
- Stand up straight!
- Write thoughtful, hand-written thank you notes.
- Always keep your own bank account and checkbook.
- Do your best in everything you do.
- Tomorrow is a new day!
- From Martha Washington: I am determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I may find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappinessis determined not by our circumstance, but by our disposition.
- Honor your commitments and never quit when things get tough.
- The ones who try to bring you down are either jealous or unhappy. Smile and keep your head up no matter what they say.
- You could always use a little more blush and lipstick!
- Don’t sweat the small stuff!
- Just remember, it’s easy to be young and beautiful when you’re young and beautiful! Enjoy it while you have it and remember: it gets harder as you go.
- Dance like no one’s watching.
- Take care of your skin!
- Stand up for what you believe in, and remember the easiest thing you can do, even when times aren’t so bright, is smile.
What is some of the best advice your mom ever gave you?