Managing Director, MMC Consumer Group
A creative communications strategist, Amber ignites consumer demand and loyalty with inspired ideas for brands in the beauty, fashion, food, beverage and lifestyle space.
- A Managing Director in MMC’s Consumer Practice, Amber’s wide-ranging career is connected by one consistent thread: a passion for storytelling. She has worked as a reporter, a magazine editor, a public relations and marketing director at a major record label, and a marketing communications executive for beauty, fashion and lifestyle brands (both in-house and at PR agencies). This rich diversity of experience has honed her skill in crafting stories about pop culture personalities, hot trends and consumer products that combine an authentic emotional connection with “gotta have it” cachet.
- Amber has envisioned and executed innovative communications programs for multiple internationally successful Sony Music recording artists; leading mass beauty brands like COVERGIRL, Pantene, and Herbal Essences; and innovative prestige retailers such as Sephora and Priscilla of Boston. She is particularly skilled at pinpointing the most persuasive influencers and partners – whether they are leading Hollywood makeup artists and fashion stylists, best-selling authors, dermatologists, chefs or charitable organizations – to effectively distinguish her clients from their competitors and drive mindshare and market share.
- Amber graduated with a High Honours B.A. in English Literature, and double minor in Women’s Studies and Sociology from the University of Toronto
- Honored as “Marketing Team Leader of the Year”; two-time honoree as “Publicist of the Year” – CMIAs
- Finalist for “PR Team Leader of the Year” – PR News (2011)