Check-Up on “Connected Health”
The practice of medicine and public health, supported by mobile devices, is expected to reach $23 billion around the world by 2017. More than 3.4 billion people will have Smartphones or tablets with access to mobile health apps and 50 percent of them will have downloaded health apps.
So how will this medical technology help us? This infographic lists five ways:
- Lowers costs through interoperability of medical devices, improved caregiver coordination and adoption of electronic health record (EHR date)
- Reduces medical errors and improves administration efficiency
- Offers patients the ability to take more responsibility for their health
- Helps caregivers give more informed decisions for enhanced quality of care
- Improves doctors’ and medical staff’s ability to diagnose and treat rural patients from distant medical facilities
Are you utilizing “connected health”?